Sunday, April 29, 2012

Valley of the Moon, Climbing meet up

Headed out to the Valley of the Moon again for some climbing. As I made my way up the hill, I ran into two people hiking up. I gave them a ride and found out they were part of a rock climbing "meet up". They had about 12 people already up at Patina wall climbing. After parking at the top of the pass, we kicked over to join them.



Crowded belay area
Two climbers on Patina wall

All the meet up crew made for a pretty crowded climbing area. The good part was they were better climbers than myself, so I could climb top rope after they led. I only managed to re send tech 9, after about half the group left to climb at leaning tower.

On the hike back to the parking, I passed a boulder than needed to be climbed. I found two climbs on it.
Crack on the back of the boulder
Victory

-James


No comments: