Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SUP La Jolla, San Diego, CA

I hit the open seas for the first time on my SUP. There were 2 foot waves, and they were surprisingly easy to paddle out through. The board punched through the breaks with ease. The white wash wasn't as unstable as I expected.

Jeff and I paddled for about an hour and a bit over 2 miles.



The sea caves look a lot better from the water level. Some of the caves would have been more inviting if I was in a kayak and not on my SUP. I am not willing to risk dings in my board. Unfortunately there was nowhere to cliff jump in La Jolla, at least not without risking a $890.00 fine. Next time I will bring a mask to swim around.

When we got back to La Jolla Shores Park, we surfed the waves for a bit. I defiantly prefer surfing on a stand up to a long board. The perspective is just better. Jeff even managed to get a video of us both on the same wave. Not my best ride of the day.




-James

No comments: