Friday, May 18, 2012

Ya gotta regatta 2012

I made my way back to Western New York for the great valley regatta for the second time. It is a 6.5 mile canoe "race" with four beer stops, and one hell of a party for 3,000+ people. This year the weather was just about as good as anyone could ask for.


View Great Valley Volunteer Firemans Regatta in a larger map

Once again I tried talking people into joining me, and failed. My sister had an extra person in her boat, so one joined me.

Right at the start of the race there was there was a mandatory portage. This was a real mess and pretty funny to watch. Unlike the beer stops where the parking is pretty spread out, you need to take out in one little area and carry your boat about 100 feet and put back in at a little area.


 This guys ready to party

I attacked the first beer stop. During the short stay there I managed to get five beers. This was a pretty crowded beer stop, and all the suckers going to the taps on the left were getting all foam.

 Leaving beer stop #1
 My craft
Traffic

Beer stop three is always the party stop because of its easy road access

Right next to the taps at beer stop three, there was a stripper pole. It didn't take long for two girls to jump up there, loose their tops and start working the pole.

By the time I left the third beer stop I had given up on taking pictures and I was pretty drunk. By the fourth beer stop I was ready for a fight. Being drunk and surrounded by other drunker people seems to put me in that kind of mood.

-James

No comments: