Sunday, May 20, 2012

ATVing through Ellicottville, NY

One of my favorite things to do in high school was go ATV riding through the woods of Ellicottville, where my family has some property. The balance of control and maneuverability of an ATV just makes it so much fun. Even the many times I over estimated my control and threw myself off the ATV, it was all part of the fun. With the smaller ATVs you can body them around a bit, which is something impossible to do with anything bigger like a side by side or a jeep.

For most of those years my family only had one ATV so it was a lot of going out alone. This was the first time that my family had two working ATVs. Another thing that made this day more fun is we know the neighbors better and had permission to ride on their property as well as our own.

Blasting through the desert is fun, but I think the trees and more diverse terrain makes the forest more fun. The only down side was some resent storms had downed a lot of trees, so there were more stops than normal.




-James

No comments: