Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hiking around Boquerón

I thought I had already written about this, but it seems not. Back in October was my first time up to the top of the San Salvador volcano. The main point of this trip was to get some photos. One of the guys I work with had just recieved a new SLR, so I was able to convince him to hike around on our day off.

The day was pretty much perfect, a nice clear morning, despite it still being the rainy season. We started taking pictures of the city from the parking lot.


 Then we toured around the park. The park is pretty small and we got some good crater pictures, but this wasn't enough.






We talked to one of the guards and he arranged for a local to give us a tour of the whole crater rim. About a 5 mile hike. The trail wasn't too hard to follow, but it was nice having the local with us to show us the way.





No comments: