Thursday, July 21, 2011

Eating Adventures, Gourmet Burger Company, San Salvador, El Salvador

When I first arrived in El Salvador, I was tipped off to this great burger place, Gourmet Burger Company. They allow you to build your own burger. You get choice of meat, cheese, toppings and sauce. This makes for almost limitless choice. Even with so many option I have stuck to the perfect burger I ordered my first time there. One pound of ground beef, Colby-jack, avocado, bacon and hot sauce.

After I while I cut the one pound down to a half pound. Then a little later I discovered the lettuce wrap, replace your bun with a whole head of romaine lettuce. This was my got to food twice a week for almost 11 months.

Today I decided to step it up again for a little eating adventure. I wanted to challenge myself so I went for 1.5 pounds. Sadly they were out of avocado, so they doubled up on bacon. I knocked out the first half with no problem. Then I did something I have never done it Gourmet Burger before, I set my burger down. I did manage to pick it back up, but that only lasted a few bites. I had hit the wall. I split it down into a more mouth friendly two halves, then attacked it with a fork. Around the time I everyone else was finishing their 1/2 pounders I ate my last bite pf this delicious beast. I even finished my fries and salad for good measure.
If you find yourself in San Salvador I highly recommend stopping by Gourmet Burger Company.

No comments: