Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wake boarding Lago De Coatepeque, El Salvador

Before I even arrived in El Salvador, I heard that there was wake boarding to be had here. Once I arrived, I found that it was much harder to do than it should be. A few weeks ago I meet a girl with a lake house and a boat at Lago De Coatepeque.
Friend and boat captian


I finally had a day off and went down to the lake. First we took a tour of the lake, and sadly only found one spot to jump. A private dock, so I didn't get to do any lele kawa.

After the lake tour, it was wake board time. Her wake board was clearly from the 90's and was not set up like I am used to. This didn't stop me from hopping on and getting up the second time. The lake was a little choppy and I was still recovering form a foot injury, so I didn't get crazy. It was still fun to be up on a board and cruising around the lake.
Not quite Lele Kawa, but some dock diving

No comments: