Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Smoking Mountian, El Salvador

My friend was in from out of town, last week and we headed to Eco Park Espino. I have been there a few times, but this was the first time i really explored the park.

Up near the "Mirador", where I had been a few times. There was something new, a large amount of steam coming out of the ground. I assume the reason for this, and it not being there before, is because it has been raining lately. At first it looked like smoke until we got closer and saw that it was steam. The holes it was coming out of were surrounded by moss, so I assume this isn't a new phenomena. After the lookout we wandered down a road, where I discovered some new bike singletrack. Hopefully before the rain picks up I will be able to get over there and do some riding.

Here are some pictures from our trip.

Signs
Awesome Bridge
Steam from one of the smaller vents
More steam

No comments: