Friday, July 1, 2016

Tree rope climbing in Big Bear, CA

I stumbled upon tree rope climbing accidentally while searching the internet for a new ax. An arborist web site I came across included a bunch of rope climbing info. This lead down a YouTube rabbit hole about tree climbing techniques. Living in the desert I haven't been thinking much about it, until my trip to Big Bear. Tree rope climbing happens to be one of the newer tours offered by Action Tours in Big Bear, CA. It didn't hurt that there was a GROUPON available for this tour.

Pirate Steve was my guide for the day. He had a few ropes set up among two trees in a park in the town of Fawnskin on the lakes north shore. The technique we were using was the double rope tree climbing technique. This method is safe and easy to do, the down side is it can be slow. I caught on pretty quick and made it to the top of the training rope quickly.

-James

No comments: