Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Summer Bike at Snow Summit, Big Bear, CA

My summer trip to Big Bear wouldn't be complete without hitting the Snow Summit Mountain Bike park.

I started the day riding alone and just getting a feel for the trails. I was still riding my XC bike and did not have much desire to hit the jumps or push the limits of my abilities. "Going Green", the easy trail was not open, so I headed to Westridge and rode most of the branches of that trail. Most of the obstacles had bypasses so the jumps could be skipped.
My bike seemed to handle these trails well. After Lunch, I joined up with two other bikers who had spent the summer up at Big Bear. Because now we had a group, we were able to get the below follow video.


My confidence began to exceed my abilities and I ended up "supermanning" over one of the larger table tops, landing right on my chest mounted GoPro.




Overall, It was a great day of biking. Next time I hit a mountain bike park, I will take a downhill bike and wear my armor. My XC bike did ok on the trails but it does not have the same performance that more suspension would offer.





-James

No comments: