Wednesday, December 4, 2013

October, HMCS Yukon SCUBA

I finally made it underwater in San Diego! I joined Power SCUBA on the Marissa dive boat for three tanks of diving goodness starting with the HMCS Yukon followed by Lazy Daze and Seven Fathoms.

The conditions were near perfect for diving, aside form the cold. 50 feet of visibility and almost no current. The cold was the main thing keeping me out of the water for so long, since most of my dives have been tropical. I don't yet own any 7mm cold water gear. Other than my gloves being too small, the wetsuit i rented did a pretty good job of keeping the cold at bay, but I definitely felt it.

At Lazy Daze, I found a dive knife as a explored the bottom. Then during our safety stop, a huge Mola Mola swam past and my partner was lucky enough to capture the video below.

My luck continued at 7 Fathoms and while my dive partners searched for lobster, I spotted a GoPro on the sea floor.

Captured this video with a head mounted GoPro, moving from stern to bow and back again.


Video of me chasing a huge Mola Mola, captured by my dive partner.


-James

No comments: