Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Az to Salton Sea, CA

Like many people I was tipped off to the Salton Sea by the youtube video "The Accidental Sea".


So my first week down here in Western Arizona I decided I had to check it out.

I'm a little disappointed that my experience wasn't as post apocalyptic as Accidental Sea portrays.








I circled the whole sea and didn't see much that was real crazy. I managed to get a few good photos, but because I was alone I got bored pretty quickly. I ventured off the main road a few times, towards the sea, but I didn't head the other way. I missed out on Salvation Mountain and a few of the other cooler things in that area. Maybe in a few months when it isn't crazy hot out I will head back over there and really explore.



I did stop off at Ocotillo Wells on the way and Imperial dunes. I cruised down Oil Well Wash at Ocotillo wells a little bit.





Oil Well Wash, Ocotillo Wells

Imperial Dunes

No comments: