Wednesday, March 2, 2011

July Snowboarding in Oregon

I am sitting here is the tropics for another winter, again missing the snows. It is making me think back to my summer snowboarding adventure.

Last year after spending 14 months in the summer of Saudi Arabia, I was really needing some snow. I was already out in Portland, OR for some beer festival. The white top of Mount Hood was calling me. On the last day of my trip I decided to head up to the Palmer Glacier at Timberline on Mount Hood.

The price was pretty steap for only being able to use half of the very top lift, but how often will I get to snowboard in July. Also the guy in the rental shop hooked me up with a millitary discount of 100%, which was awesome. The weather was nice and warm, so I was able to board in just hiking pants and a hoodie.

I spent about two hours just doing laps of the one run and just enjoying myself, and I took this video.



No comments: