Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cat Wall Revisited

Went climbing with AJ again today. For a change we had a third with us, a Ausie named Jason. This was nice because it gave us the chance to get some pictures, as you can see below. We also did some bolting of our new route. The new drill didn't work as well as the one we used last time but we managed to get two new bolts in.


We also did the Trad route today. It is a pretty easy climb but it is fun to mix it up.


This was the first time I made it clean up the route. The first picture below is me finally making the move that has given me so much trouble.

Sticking the move

Belay for Jason (new Fisheye lens)


Setting new bolts

You can find "Cat wall" at these corrdinates +24° 40' 5.52", +46° 36' 38.88". There is also good info here http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/Asia/Saudi_Arabia/Riyadh/Cat_Wall/Cat_Wall/


2 comments:

Bandar said...

I think I climbed on your bolts today. I was wondering how long they had been there.

I did switch out your quickdraws that were on the anchor on the top with my own. Your quickdraws can be attached to a bolt on the platform above the chain anchors.

Hope to see you there some time. Maybe we can climb together as well.

Bandar said...

sorry I meant your quickdraws can be found attached to the bolt on the platform above the anchors.

Cheers